Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parlez-vous franḉais?

Comment on dit speak en franḉais? Parlez-vous franḉais?

Learning French is not that easy. I hate conjugating. Period. And oh, I hate remembering the "genders" of the nouns. Blah blah blah…

I still don’t find French as the most romantic language. Nicolas sounds like a Nazi when he first talked to me. That "French accent" is not that inviting. I should know.

Will I ever speak that language now that I am with a French man? Now that Mich baptized me as the "French girl", maybe I should give justice to that.

I'm learning that language not because I love to but I am obliged to. I'd rather speak Italian. However, French government requires every immigrant to take a language exam prior to getting a citizenship. So, here I am in the midair metamorphosis, attending language class.

God knows how I sound. Terrible! My teacher laughs every time I try to have that French accent. It's so unnatural. Let's just hope I'll be a REAL French girl and not just a girl who has a French partner. I'm pressured!


For the time being, I'm still a bum, enjoying my moment in this joyful pandemonium.

Zut alors!

Bonne journée!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, nice comments!! (this is from a French bloggers visiting by chance!)
    The secret to French is: lots of learning, and lots of talking!
    Seriously, I was passing in the hope of finding people with whom to share thoughts and opinions on Khaled Hosseini!
    keep it up!
    A la revoyure!

    ReplyDelete