Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Men on Valentines


Two Men on Valentines
As usual, I spent my Vday NOT with a lover.  As a matter of fact, I've never had a real date on Valentines Day; it was always with friends. Our usual dates? Of course, everybody's boyfriend- MR. REDHORSE.

However, this year's Vday wasn't spent with the bums or Gramacs. (I wonder where they were and with whom?) I wasn’t planning on going out that day. I had a simple reason: it wasn’t in my agenda to get jealous seeing lovebirds, roses, and those "a dinner for two" ads everywhere. I knew exactly what to do, that is, a romantic movie marathon at home.

I downloaded every romantic flick there is available online: West Side Story, Ever After, Pretty Woman, Two Lovers and PS I Love You etc. Before I even finished my second movie, my Shrek called. (Note: I call my boyfriend Shrek because of his gigantic hands). As always, it was uplifting to hear his voice. It reminded me that I wasn’t alone in this Love Day after all.

I
Well, I didn’t spend the whole day sobbing in front of my laptop. I had a date- a date with my two brothers. We had lunch which was followed by a movie date. We watched Tom Cruise die in Valkyrie. Our romantic date didn’t finish there. A date wouldn’t be perfect without a spa treatment, right? And the best thing was, everything was paid by my manong. I wish I can fly those planes so I'll have at least P60,000 a month in my bank account (It depends on how many hours he flies). I envy him!!!!
From the left: Jade, moi, Manong, cousin derrick and nephew DK with CESSNA (ang plane)!

Although I didn’t have a love-date, I definitely enjoyed my Valentines with the two men of my life. Love you manong and jade. Thanks to them, I didn’t make Vday a big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment