Sunday, April 7, 2013

   If only I can borrow your days for Dumaguete


Last Monday I went to Dumaguete. I didn't want to come back just yet because I made a promise to someone that the next time I'll go there it will be with that special someone. But that day before, something happened.

As I smell the sea breeze of Sibulan port, I know I'm in a different place. A place where everything is beautiful. Where memories were made and stories were shared. Where the people you come to know have always been part of your life. Where everywhere you look seems so wonderful, perfect and refreshing. Where while you reminisce, you also wish that you can share this incredibly amazing place and the romantic aura it brings to the person dearest to you.

I made a promise to someone. Just like I made a promise when I left Dumaguete right after graduation. In fact, it was a promise to myself that I will return not just once. But I will return and I will keep on returning whether there may be a special occasion, an ordinary day or whenever I feel like I need a breather. Other than the personal reasons and promises to myself, I promised that one day I will share Dumaguete to a person special to me. That I can let that special someone experience the different joy Dumaguete has brought me. And just recently, I made a promise to this special person. 

Not just because I want to spend time alone with my personal DJ that's why I want to take that someone to Dumaguete. More than that, I want Mr DJ to fall in love with the place I have been falling in love with. Even for the borrowed days. I want Mr DJ to take time to cherish the cool breeze of the boulevard, stare blankly at the sea while eating balut, admire the oldies walk hand in hand and seat under the acacia tree while enjoying the romantic sun as it sets. 

The next day, I want to introduce Mr DJ to Dr. Horace Silliman- my alma mater by the sea. The hundreds of acacia trees will make Mr DJ fall in love with the scenery. That all you want to do the whole afternoon is lay blanket under the shade, play your favorite music or just talk. Mr DJ would love my favorite spot in the campus- the Amphi Theatre- fronting Silliman Church. Way back in college, we go there with guitar and sing our hearts out and free our inhibitions.

You want adventure? I think Mr DJ lacks the sense of adventure for the longest time now. So, I want to unleash the adventurous child in you. Let's head to Apo Island where you will see the beauty of creatures underwater. You will love talking to the locals there, very friendly. Food you say? Be ready with your gastronomic encounter. Jump off from the Big Rock and let go of the negative thoughts. Just be child again. Be playful and adventurous. 


No matter how tired your body will be, I'd convince you to go to Hayahay, a resto bar near the boulevard where local artists perform with their sublime songs. Mondays are acoustic night, your voice will come in handy. I wont let the night end without letting you sing. Lastly, its vibrant vibe and crowd will surely make you feel at home. 

I will not try hard to let you enjoy your days in Dumaguete. But I will make sure you will never leave Dumaguete without wanting to come back again. I wish that the charm that Dumaguete has brought to me and to many will have the same effect on you. I will trade anything for those borrowed days just to see you wear that genuinely happy smile. So when somebody mentions about Dumaguete, you will not just smile because you remember me but most importantly, the unforgettable experience you once had with Dumaguete.

Momentarily, I'm wishing that I can borrow those days, just before daylight comes.. Heaven knows....

I'm left with one question: can you let me borrow your days for Dumaguete?

Sigh...





No comments:

Post a Comment