Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Feel you


Why was there no smile? Why do you seem so lonely?

I wanted to comfort you last night but you seem so distant. In turn, I was hesitant to show my affection. I wanted to just hold your hand and squeeze it tight to make you fee that I was there, just to let you feel my presence. I wanted to throw myself at you because it was the longest time since I saw you. It was the longest time that I have heard you tell stories. I guess I just missed you so bad. It was agonizing for me for the pat weeks, God knows.

It was a bit awkward last night, even more awkward compared to the first time I had breakfast with you when you returned from your provincial assignment. I wanted to stare at your etes for a little bit longer but I just couldn't. I wanted to show you that naughty smile of mine which only two of us understand but I had reservations. I wanted to just look at you while you talk and watch you smile every once in a while. 

But should I complain? No. Just by seeing you next to me gives me a different kind of joy. Just by being there seated next to you, closer to you, and listening to stories that happened at your work make me feel undeniably exultant.

Only if I I could have it another way, it would have been better. But there, that very moment, being there with you is one of those nights I treasure. Because every moment counts, every single moment can not be traded. No matter how lame it may sound for others, I do not care. What matters most is giving importance to that very moment because it may not come again. It may happen just once, with the person dearest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment