Friday, March 22, 2013


Mondays

For many it is the most dreading day of the week. The day when you do not want your alarm clock to sound. The day when you want to hide your head inside your sheets and cover your ears with pillows. The day when you wish weekend is not yet over.

However, I have a different take on Mondays.  I love the day after Sunday. I love even just the thought of it. The excitement it brings me is unfathomable especially when Sunday sun sets in.  

When the Monday daylight touches my skin, my eyes brighten and the corners of my mouth slightly curve. Smile. Beam. Smirk.  So obvious.

I love Mondays because it is when the most anticipated morning hello from someone that I have waited for the longest day has finally awakens me up.  I love Mondays because when my phone rings I know you have also waited for Monday to say your sweetest hello. I love Mondays because even just in the messages you send with smiley icons, I can already imagine your bewitching grin and captivating stare-the one that drives you to wake up despite the early hour. I love Mondays because it reminds me of those mornings when you turn your body towards me, stare at my face then say “good morning” in your most charming but very manly voice.

Monday is such a charm. Undeniably, it makes the rest of the week more than perfect.

I will trade every day of the week for my Mondays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment